Beacons and location based checklists
What is iBeacon? What are iBeacons? The term iBeacon and Beacon are often used interchangeably. iBeacon is the name for Apple’s technology standard, which allows Mobile Apps to listen for signals from beacons in the physical world and react accordingly. In essence, iBeacon technology allows Mobile Apps to understand their position on a micro-local scale, and deliver hyper-contextual content to users based on location.
With MemoAssist you can use iBeacons to have location based checklists. You place an iBeacon in the location you wish to get reminded. When MemoAssist is in close range of the beacon (1-3 meters) MemoAssist will alert you of any checklists associated with the beacon. Checklists can be both location and time dependent. With this - you can make checklists appear on a certain location within a specific timeframe.
To get started you will need:
1) An iBeacon - there a many different providers. Any iBeacon compatible one will do.
2) You will need to configure the iBeacon. Please consult the iBeacon provider to learn how to configure the iBeacon.
UUID must be: 5E2930B1-3C2E-4067-A345-850C9A9DB983
iBeacon Major: 1
iBeacon Minor: Any number between 1 to 999.
3) Once you have a working iBeacon with the correct UUID set, turn on Beacons in MemoAssist.
4) Head to any existing checklist and edit it.
5) Tap on “Configure Beacon”
MemoAssist should within 1-2 seconds see you iBeacon. Your checklist is now associated with your iBeacon and ready for use.